Peacock’s up to date reimagining of the beloved and tradition-defining 90s sitcom The Contemporary Prince of Bel-Air has declared the whole major solid.
​The sequence regulars consist of: ​
– Newcomer Jabari Financial institutions as Will
– Adrian Holmes as Phillip Financial institutions (At That Age, V Wars)
– Cassandra Freeman as Vivian Financial institutions (The Enemy Inside, Atlanta)
– Olly Sholotan as Carlton Financial institutions (Operate Disguise Combat, Evolution of Nate Gibson)
– Coco Jones as Hilary Financial institutions (Permit it Glow, Vampires vs. The Bronx)
– Akira Akbar as Ashley Financial institutions (We Can Be Heroes, Captain Marvel)
– Jimmy Akingbola as Geoffrey (Most Unsafe Recreation, In The Very long Operate)
– Jordan L. Jones as Jazz (Rel, Snowfall)
– Simone Pleasure Jones as Lisa (The Chair, What If)
Peacock has purchased two seasons of the sequence adaptation of Morgan Cooper’s viral lover movie�l-Air.
Cooper wrote and directed the 4-moment spec trailer, debuting the video clip on social media in March 2019.
The trailer has amassed practically seven million sights on YouTube and in the long run caught the focus of Smith, and in a response video clip, Smith identified as the movie and concept amazing.
“Set in modern-day-working day The us, Bel-Air is a serialized just one-hour extraordinary analogue of the 90’s sitcom The Contemporary Prince of Bel-Air that leans into the authentic premise: Will’s challenging journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air,” reads the show’s formal logline.
“With a reimagined eyesight, Bel-Air will dive further into the inherent conflicts, feelings and biases that have been impossible to totally examine in a 30-moment sitcom structure, although even now providing swagger and nods to the authentic demonstrate.”
“We have just formally shut the offer with Peacock with an unparalleled two-time-get from a pitch,” Smith shared in a video clip past calendar year, confirming the pickup.
“I’ve been in this business enterprise for 30 a long time, and that does not transpire. They purchased two whole seasons of Bel-Air primarily based on the top quality of the pitch and the operate that you men have accomplished. So I want to say congratulations. I am hyped.”
What are your views on the solid?
Are you enthusiastic for the reboot?
Strike the reviews.
The author is the Affiliate Editor for Television set Magazine. Observe him on Twitter.